Useful information about IP video door intercommunication systems
- What is an IP door intercom system?
- How an IP-based video door intercom works
- What types of IP door entry systems are available?
- Purchase criteria for IP door intercommunication systems
- FAQs: The most frequently asked questions about IP door intercommunication systems
- Conclusion: How to buy the right IP door intercom system
What is an IP door intercom system?
An IP door entry system offers full access to the entrance door of the house and apartment through network-based communication. With the suitable app for the Android smartphone or iPhone, not only the communication with visitors is possible, but also the opening of the door. Unlimited access via the Internet is guaranteed at any time and anywhere. Even without an app, video door entry systems are a good addition to the door for greater security and lead the communication via VoIP to the desired indoor unit.
How an IP-based video door intercom works
The doorbell, voice and camera image of the door station are automatically transferred to your smartphone or tablet. No matter whether at home or on the move. An additional door gong can be connected in the interior as an option. The door can also be opened conveniently from the inside by means of a door opener button. You can talk to your visitors, see them and open the door from anywhere you want to transfer to your smartphone and tablet. The last 20 visitors are stored in the history with picture and date/time.
What types of IP door entry systems are available?
IP door intercom with app IP
Door intercom systems, which are used in combination with a suitable app, can also be controlled remotely. Video transmission and direct conversations with the guest are possible. Many models have additional features such as intrusion alarm or infrared camera.
Video - Door intercom
IP door intercommunication systems without access to an app also use the transmission via the Internet (e.g. WLAN), however, are controlled via an indoor unit. A monitor offers a view to the front door and many other functions are possible.
Purchase criteria for IP door intercommunication systems
Suitable for use in the field:
- Outdoors: Suitable protection class according to IP scale (dust, water)
- Mounting type: Surface-mounted or flush-mounted
- Network connection: WLAN or LAN
- Suitable for commercial use?
The right range of functions:
- For use with smartphones: Android or iOS app
- Operating system "WHEEZY" for Raspberry
- Encrypted communication
- Internal memory for video recordings
- Alarm tones / intrusion alarm
- Motion sensor for activation
- Infrared LEDs for night vision
- Motion sensor
- External camera for additional viewing angle
- Day/night indicator
Since app-based systems communicate with the IP (video) door intercom via WLAN or a LAN connection and are then redirected to the app, a sufficient bandwidth and possibly a DHCP server are required. Your smartphone also needs a fast Internet connection (ideally LTE) for optimal video communication.
myintercom - Made in Germany
With the right video surveillance, you can quickly locate threats to protect your family and assets. In case of emergency, detailed records improve the education. A wide range of cameras and accessories guarantees you the optimal video solution for your budget.
The myintercom IP-based video door intercom combines design, comfort and unique functions. myintercom is a joint product of Europe's leading door phone manufacturer Telecom Behnke GmbH and 1000eyes GmbH, the video and audio over IP specialist from Berlin.
The doorbell, voice and camera image of the door station are automatically transferred to your smartphone or tablet. No matter whether at home or on the move An additional door gong can be connected in the interior optionally.
The door can also be opened comfortably from the inside by means of a door opener button. You can talk to your visitors from anywhere, see them and open the door. The last 20 visitors are stored in the history with picture and date/time.
Easy to set up
The door station simply needs to be connected to the power supply at the door or gate and to your router via a network cable or via HomePlug/Powerline adapter. A two-wire transmission module is also available as an option for the transfer between your router and the myintercom door station. The subsequent insertion of network cables can be omitted. The voice traffic and the camera image are transferred from the router to iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Thanks to 1000eyes® technology, the system is immediately ready for operation, safe and reliable, without DynDNS/port forwarding. Download the app from the Apple APP Store or Google Play to your smartphone or tablet – done.
When the doorbell is activated, a signal is sent to your smartphone or tablet (tone and push message).
- See live and talk to each other, no matter where you are in the world
- Built-in high-quality HDTV image sensor from axis Communications for a pin-sharp live image in your office, house, garden or while traveling
- Intercom in excellent voice quality
- Door opening and light at the touch of a button
- The last 20 visitors are displayed with picture and date/time in History
- Works at home or while traveling (WLAN/UMTS/LTE) securely encrypted without range limitation. The app is free of charge in the hotel's own WLAN (in the same LAN as the door station). Optionally, you can activate the door station for use on the way.
- Connection option for additional door gong and optional button for convenient triggering of the door opener from the inside, if the smartphone or tablet is not available
app for iOS and Android
The myintercom APP for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones/tablets is available free of charge from the Apple APP Store and Google Play. The use of the door station in the hotel's own WLAN (in the same LAN as the door station) is free of charge.
FAQs: The most frequently asked questions about IP door intercommunication systems
Is communication with the IP door intercom protected?
Many providers encrypt communication with the IP door intercom. The SIP protocol is often used. This ensures that direct access is only possible via the assigned devices and with the app. An electric door opener can be used for versions without app communication.
How can an IP door intercom be installed?
IP door entry systems are available in surface and flush-mounted versions. They can be connected to the existing electronics for the bell system. An additional LAN cable may be required for Internet access.
Can you connect several apartments to the IP door intercom system?
Different manufacturers offer solutions for one or more units (e.g. in a two-family house). Access to the door is then possible from all connections, which is why such a system is suitable for the main entrance of the house.
Conclusion: How to buy the right IP door intercom system
First, a decision should be made before the purchase for an IP door intercom system with or without an app. Finally, it is also possible to choose between use in private homes or in commercial environments, which may result in further additions. Particular attention must be paid to ensuring that the outer element is suitable for the desired location. Models for surface and flush mounting are available. Depending on the location, select an appropriate protection class according to the IP scale for the outdoor element. This means that even heavy rainfall in the IP door entry system cannot be caused by anything. Once you have found a model that has all the required technical extras and functions, you can choose the preferred design.
(This text is machine translated.)